Kingsley Parish Council, Hampshire


Planning Process            Current planning applications            Submitting comments             Compliance

Planning Process

Planning applications have to be submitted for approval for almost all developments in the village. These applications are made by the people or organisations (or their agents) who want the development.

Planning authorities consider the applications to either grant or refuse permission for proposed developments to proceed.

The authorities for making these planning decisions are

East Hampshire District Council, EHDC, for developments such as buildings, extensions, change of use.

Hampshire County Council, HCC for developments concerning minerals and waste, eg quarries, waste disposal.

South Downs National Park, SDNP Authority for developments in the South Downs National Park

EHDC, HCC or SDNP set up periods of Public Consultation for every new planning application. During this period members of the public, parish councils and other authorities can submit comments to be taken into account when the planning authorities consider whether to grant or refuse permission.